Whipple Supercharger 383 Small Block Chevy Engine Build Engine Breakdown
1. Our trusty Speed-O-Motive 383 short-block contains four-bolt mains, a cast crank, forged rods, and Mahle pistons.
2. Camshaft of choice was a Comp 292XFI, which specs out at 0.584/0.579-inch lift, 242/248 degrees duration at 0.050, and a 113-degree lobe separation angle. Pro Magnum lifters, Magnum pushrods and Ultra Gold rocker arms completed the valvetrain.
3. Brodix's Wild Thing KC IK210 heads are fully CNC-ported and have great flow characteristics; they also come with a 75cc combustion chamber, which brought us in at a 10:1 compression ratio.
4. Whipple's tuner kit for carbureted small-blocks is based on a twin-screw compressor. Fit and finish is superior, and the setup delivered massive power gains across the board.
5. For our force-fed runs, we used a Holley Ultra HP 950 carb with 76/83 jets. View Related Article